Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cabeza y hombros pierna y pies, pierna y pies

Asher's school requires the parents to lead "small group activities" for 4-5 kids during the second half of the year. I've got to come up with 9 lessons. Activities can be very simple - finding leaves on a walk, cutting string, singing songs, pouring water, washing a chair etc. I'm going to try to teach them to sing "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" in Spanish.

Cabeza y hombros pierna y pies
Cabeza y hombros pierna y pies
Ojos orejas boca una nariz
Cabeza y hombros pierna y pies.

I tripped over myself a million times learning the song, it was harder than I thought, but now I think I've got it. We'll see if I can get the kiddos to do it. Elliot picked it up. Asher thought it was funny.

During my research, I found a good resource for children's songs and nursery rhymes from around the world:
http://www.mamalisa.com/world/

I also found this great site that has videos of children around the world singing "Frere Jacques" in their native languages. Asher thought it was fascinating.

No comments: