Then he exclaimed "I'm going to walk to school instead of drive from now on," a noble thought, but unfortunately it would take an hour to get to school if he walked. He also said,"Don't use a hair dryer Mom." I suppose that could be green advice (don't use electricity if you don't have to) or is it because he thinks it will warm the globe?
Here is list of tips for decreasing your ecological footprint:
- Turn it off when not in use.
- Turn down the central heating slightly (1 or 2 degrees).
- Only run your dishwasher and washing machine with a full load.
- Recycle paper, glass and plastics (a City of Seattle requirement).
- Use every piece of paper twice.
- Don't use "throw away" products such as paper plates, napkins and plastic utensils.
- Use reusable plastic containers in lunchboxes, instead of plastic bags.
- Take your own bags to shops and grocery stores.
- Look for products that have less packaging.
- Buy organic and local.
- Don't buy bottled water if tap water is safe.
- Choose biodegradable cleaning products.
- Buy energy-efficient household appliances.
- Use energy-saving light bulbs.
- Stop using chemical pesticides on your lawn and garden.
- Drive an energy-efficient car and walk or ride a bicycle when possible.